What is an International Driving license?
The International Driver's permit is an unauthorized translation of your Driver's license in two formats. First, a translation card, translating your permit in 16 languages and the second one is a translation Booklet, translating your driver's license in 9 languages. These unofficial documents will help language difference when traveling. IDL is valid for one year from the date of issue.
Moreover, the document translation outcomes discussed in this commercial are not issued by any government entity. In other words, an IDL document is a booklet issued by government agencies or private organizations designated by a country's government. It permits you to drive or rent a vehicle in a foreign country. Getting an International Driver's license can be an effortless process. However, acquiring authoritative red tape takes a span of between 2 days to a week.
Things to know before you rent a car
- You should be minimum 21 years if you are driving
- You need to have a valid International Driving License
- Should follow the standard traffic and parking rules
- If you want to rent, then you must book at least 24hours in advance
- Your bookings can be canceled at an additional cost
- Lost or any damage to the vehicle will not be covered in the insurance policy
- It is strictly not allowed to drive outside the UAE.
Importance of International Driving License in UAE
If you like to travel more often and love to cross the territories with your family or friends, then getting an IDL for your comfort can be one of the most sensible decision. The international driving license enables you to travel in any foreign country.
There are numerous countries that do not recognize the driving license issued by one country. However, if you have an international driving license, it can greatly help you to resolve the issues.
Generally, the International driving permit in Dubai is issued only when the original license issued by your home country is valid. Also, your international driving permit indicates that you are a holder of a valid license in your hometown which means you satisfy the right to drive in another country. In case you need an IDL, the documents you require include:
- An application form
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- DL issued by your home country
- Passport size photographs
- A letter was written to the Zonal Regional Transport Office,
- Permit fees to be paid during registration
Moreover, failure to give either one of these documents would deem you ineligible for the international driver's license concerned. Once all of these documents are secured and prepared for the day, visit RTA (Regional Transport Authority) who will provide you with certain forms which need to be filled on the spot and submitted.
Benefits of International Driving Permit
- It helps to overcome the difficulties drivers might face while traveling in other countries.
- It facilitates the process of renting and driving motor vehicles abroad.
- Provides translation into multiple languages that help foreign countries police officers to understand
- It does not require a driving test
- Easily applicable for with quick turnaround time.